Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More Grub

Today's dastardly confection was a Key Lime Pie, inflicted on my unresisting corse by my other housemate. She is a tremendous baker and kindly gave me a big squelchy slice of tangy loveliness after dinner. Delicious, and a particularly fitting conclusion to my aerobics class: since K was responsible for introducing me to the Athletics Centre it seems only right that she help me unravel any good it might be doing.
I am starting to think it is about time I shared with the household my own gift for cholesterol-filled creations, the making and eating of which have often brought solace in strife. Unfortunately, I can't afford butter, which is twice the price it is in Britain but essential to all my favourite recipes. Meat is also madly expensive, as are most dairy products, including, bizarrely, milk. How can milk be expensive? They have made it genuinely cheaper to drink Coke. So until Canada gets its own version of CAP (or whatever makes milk affordable in Britain), anyone with any vegan recipe ideas is welcome to make them known...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home