Thursday, November 16, 2006

Zowie!

I have just been to see what is possibly my favourite ever film, the hilarious Some Like It Hot (Wilder, 1959). I was in a filthy temper this afternoon and it cheered me right up. I wanted to share the joy, but my assiduous google image search didn't throw up any decent stills of MM in that incredible backless (and virtually frontless) spangled frock, teetering around in stilettoes and juggling a huge and fabulous white fur stole, which frankly is the main cheering aspect of the film. That and the shot where she is wiggling down the hotel corridor away from the camera in a tight white dress. And the train berth sequence, where she is barely kept inside her black maribou-trimmed peignoir, all milky skin and smooth flesh. Gorgeous.
I also went to see a truly terrible film on Sunday, and gladly warn anyone who fancies the look of The Illusionist not to waste their money. The script is awful: it is really badly paced and the dialogue is rubbish and the whole thing is lame instead of romantic and implausible instead of fanstastical. And the heroine isn't remotely attractive. They don't make 'em like they used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home