Sunday, February 18, 2007

Niece Again

I haven't bored everyone with pictures of Alessandra recently, so here she is. Hopelessly cute, no? When she was born we asked my brother whom she looked like, and he said she looked like me, which I do hope turns out not to be the case. Anyway, it's plainly not true even now, as I was by common assent an unlovely infant. One old amour called a picture of me aged 3 months "grotesque". When mother met Alessandra she said "She looks just like Scarlet when she was born, only MUCH prettier!" It's official: a face not even a mother could love.
Anyway, I have started writing letters to Alessandra, which even I, in my obsessional auntly doting, realise is a bit strange, since like most seven week old babies she can't read. Never mind, she may as well have an early introduction to her Zia's eccentricities, and better letters than stilettoes or vin. My darling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home