Saturday, October 21, 2006

Who Killed the Electric Car?

I am not all that interested in the environment (sorry) or in conspiracy theories, but I saw this film last night, and it's much more entertaining than it sounds. Provides a bit more fuel for any Bush-haters out there (as if it were needed), and it's narrated by Martin Sheen in a clever allusive move.
It was especially appropriate to be watching it at The Bloor, my local independent cinema: no big buisness here. There is one screen, it costs 5 dollars (2.50 GBP) at peak times (less during the day), and they have proper popcorn and late-night screenings and show cool old films and independent films and any sort of films you don't get in the big expensive cinema in the shopping centre. I just don't see how this place could be any cooler, and was remarking same to the handsome Jewish guy serving the popcorn (Q.E.D...), when I walked into the auditorium and heard they were playing my favourite Chet Baker collection. Just. Too. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home